Every day we use hundreds of computers. There is a computer inside our mobile phone, our homes, our vehicles and some of them are even embedded inside our bodies. These mini computers are known as micro-controllers. In this two day hand-on workshop, you will learn to program micro-controllers and use associated electronics to build products that solves real world problems. You will work on an Atmel AVR series micro-controller development board. We will teach you general principles for building circuits and programming in C. The focus will be in learning from doing. Also, the approach will be bottom up such that we start with simple interfacing of switches and LEDs and then sequentially move towards complicated topics such as ADC, DAC, Interrupts etc.
– Introduction to Embedded System and its applications.
– Micro-controllers and its features.
– Using peripherals – GPIO, TIMER, PWM.
– Hands-on : LED dimming using PWM.
– Interfacing external components: PUSH BUTTON, BUZZER, LCD.
– Hands-on : Interface LCD with micro controller.
– Using peripherals – ADC, UART(RS232/ RS485 communications).
– Hands-on: ON/OFF LED using your computer’s serial port.
– Project: Digital voltmeter using microcontroller.
– Measure voltage in (0- 5)V range through micro controller’s inbuilt ADC and display scaled voltage on LCD
Competition Course duration
2 days (6 hrs/day)
– Understanding of what’s inside all the intelligent gadgets you use.
– Programming in C.
– Familiarity with use of electronics required for embedded system development.
– Participation Certificate. Certificate and goodies to competition winners.
Best suited for
– Those who have ever wondered how do they make all the cool devices we use regularly.
– Those you want to impart brain into their projects.
– Those who want to grab a good job in embedded technology but don’t know here to start from.
– Or just the curious out there.
Interested??Request a Quote